Data Analyst, CRS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Data Analyst to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA, or Omaha, NE. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support the Creative Risk Solutions division and overall company vision, mission and strategy by providing technical support and expertise. Strive every day to make the claim system do the work rather than manual work being done by CRS staff.
- Provide technical operational support by running ad hoc report requests, maintaining report distribution and troubleshooting user errors and technical requests related to the use of the CRS claim system and other software used by the CRS business.
- Coordinate enhancement request and system issues to ensure the requests flow through the prioritization and project management process.
- Monitor shared inboxes and coordinate the routing of requests within the CRS team.
- Maintain the forms and mail-merge documents which are used by the claims teams. Involves setup based on guidance from the claims team and debug of any issues with usage.
- As part of the data team, run and monitor month end processing and assist with reporting projects as needed.
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of SSAE18 requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the insurance industry preferred.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills due to interaction with agency employees, customers and CRS staff.
- Requires high level of attention to detail and ability to effectively problem solve.
- Project Management skills and experience required. Knowledge of Jira a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI a plus.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- College degree or equivalent job experience.
- Two years of technical support, data analyst, reporting and/or project management experience.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer