Client Service Consultant, PC
Do you have strong critical thinking skills and love being part of a team? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Client Service Consultant in the Property Casualty department of our Cedar Rapids, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Working accounts with Client Service Specialist support and/or supporting Client Manager; servicing larger, more complex accounts.
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Attend Insurance Carrier Meetings.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoice and update client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Maintain monthly reporting forms.
- Take ownership and lead accounts.
- Meet with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Attend Client renewal meetings, as required.
- Consult with Client on coverage needs.
- Participate in Contract Review.
- Market renewal policies and negotiate with insurance company underwriters.
- Review quotes on accounts for accuracy and prepare proposal documents for client.
- Prepares client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. This could include PSR, schedules, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with personnel throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
- Train and mentor Client Service Specialists as needed; Provide direction on shared accounts.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing through various platforms (i.e.: team meetings, emails, Salesforce Chatter, etc.).
- Work with Client Service Specialists to ensure all client needs are handled.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Knowledge and use of various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Capable of working on accounts from beginning to end without assistance or support.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required, or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a customer service, underwriting, or risk management role, preferably in the insurance industry.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!