Client Service Specialist, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Client Service Specialist to join our Property Casualty team in Kansas City, MO. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
Role Overview: The purpose of this position is to support the sales and service team in their evaluation of the needs and risks of existing clients. Client Service Specialists are responsible for thinking through all processes which ultimately impact the client’s insurance program. They are also responsible for upkeep of accurate and current data in our agency management systems. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner all in accordance with our documented processes and procedures.
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoice and update client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Maintain monthly reporting forms.
- Participate in contract review.
- Participate in renewal planning with team.
- Review quotes on own accounts for accuracy and prepare proposal documents for client.
- Assists in the gathering and preparation of client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. This could include PSR, schedules, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with personnel throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Knowledge and use of various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required, or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service, underwriting, or administrative role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave for all
- New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements