Client Service Consultant, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with. Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is No Place Like Holmes!
We are sourcing candidates for our Client Service Consultant, EB opening in our Kansas City, MO office. This position will evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients and assist them in creating an insurance program specific to those needs. This role manages day-to-day tasks for assigned clients, according to best practices, to ensure that both client expectations and company operational goals are met on time and within budget.
- Provide account management support for client teams, articulating client strategy to internal and external partners.
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the Senior Consultant.
- Monitor financials/budgeting status on a monthly basis; review and deliver appropriate reporting to clients.
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client, file and summarize renewals for each client; performs the final review of documents and contracts.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate team member/Senior Consultant.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications, specific for each client’s employee population.
- Implement new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Take ownership of identified problems; research and problem solve to see the process through to resolution.
- Use tact, diplomacy and appropriate confidentiality in handling sensitive client or insurance carrier situations and/or complaints.
- Visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and drive and prioritize own work.
- Excellent research, computation, and analysis skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, etc.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry related education.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to acquire and obtain an active state specific Life and Health license within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in life/health, employee benefits, or provider organization.