Account Manager, Employee Benefits
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately-held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! If you’re up for the challenge of upholding our strong tradition of exceptional service, consider applying to our Account Manager, EB opening in our Waukee, IA office.
Account Management duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide account management support for Consultants and Senior Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Assist in implementation of new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; owns and updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Assist with research on client issues or questions.
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, endorsements, premiums, invoicing, and spd’s.
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinates meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work related duties, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Active Iowa Life & Health Insurance Agent license, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Minimum 1-year experience in administrative/clerical role, prior position at a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization is a plus
- Technical designations such as CEBS, CLU, etc. preferred
- HR designations also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work towards a Better Tomorrow than Yesterday, apply today to be an Employee Benefits Account Manager, and our newest Difference Maker.