• Member Accident Protection Program Claims

    MAPP Flyer

    Who is an Insured Person under the Member Accident Protection Program?

    • All eligible undergraduate members, associate members\pledges of the fraternity are insured for covered accidental injuries which are incurred while the policy is in force and occur while:
    • In good standing with the fraternity. Membership will be verified with the (inter)national administrative office of the fraternity so be certain your membership has been reported and all pledge, initiation, undergraduate dues and risk management\insurance fees have been paid.
    • Enrolled as a student at an institution of higher learning where there is an undergraduate chapter of the fraternity, except during appropriate holiday or summer breaks. If a covered injury occurs during a holiday or summer break, the eligible member will have had to have been an enrolled student during the prior school term and continuing at an institution of higher learning the following term.

    What you need to submit when reporting a MAPP claim?

    1. Complete an accidental injury claim form. The link below will allow you to download the necessary form.

      Accidental Injury Claim Form

    1. For an accidental death benefit claim, you will need to submit an accidental injury claim form (above) and an accidental death benefit claim form (below) as well as a Certificate of Death and a copy of the investigating police report, if applicable.

    Additionally, you will need to submit any medical expenses related to the accident with itemized billing and the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) received from the primary health insurance carrier. The link below will allow you to download the necessary death benefit claim form.

    Accidental Death Claim Form

    1. If medical treatment and resulting expenses occur, you will need to submit Itemized bills showing the name of the provider, diagnosis code for the injury sustained and procedure codes for the treatment rendered.
    1. For each itemized bill, a copy of the corresponding Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from the primary health insurer showing what was paid and what is the covered person’s responsibility. If expenses are paid, submit a paid receipt and benefits will be reimbursed directly to the insured party or guardian.


    To whom are claims reported?

    Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice
    Claim Department
    13810 FNB Parkway Suite 300
    Omaha, NE  68154

    Phone: (800) 736.4327, ext. 4182
    Fax:(800) 328.0522
    Email: fraternityclaims@holmesmurphy.com


    Important Notes:

    • The Member Accident Protection Program is NOT a substitute for health insurance. It provides NO protection for sickness or illness. Every member of the fraternity must be certain that they obtain health insurance coverage from their parents or other sources.
    • Coverage applies to students enrolled at universities/college within the United States only. Coverage will not apply in Canadian provinces.
    • The policy requires reporting a covered accidental injury within 180 days of the original injury. A delay in reporting can cause your claim to be denied or have your benefit payments delayed.


    A premium indication for coverage can be obtained by contacting

    Marketing Department
    13810 FNB Parkway Suite 300
    Omaha, NE  68154

    Phone:  (800) 736.4327
    Fax: (800) 328.0522
    Email: fraternalinsuranceapp@holmesmurphy.com