Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Holmes Murphy
The Holmes Murphy Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy ties to our long history of standing for just causes dating back to our founding partners in Max Holmes and Ray Murphy. As part of our purpose, we strive to care for each other’s unique potential and our Care Code aligns with DE&I:
- Seek Understanding — Lean in, listen, and learn.
- Operate Courageously — Do the right thing.
- Uplift Others — Invest in others’ success.
- Lead Differently — Be all in.
Our DE&I Journey
While we know our DE&I work is ever-evolving, we have built a framework we’re proud of. Take a look at some of the steps we’ve taken on our DE&I journey.
- Hired a Chief Diversity Officer who helps lead and champion all DE&I efforts.
- Created and launched not only a DE&I Strategy team, but also formed a DE&I committee and four DE&I subcommittees (focused on recruitment, mentoring, education, and communication).
- Formed and deployed employee resource groups (including a Women Optimizing Women [WOW] group) and an interest group (comprising more than 120 employees).
- Created an “area of giving” through our Holmes Murphy Foundation that is specifically focused on DE&I and ensuring we support services designed with authenticity and that will help us sustain a culture where every person is supported to reach their fullest potential.
- Woven DE&I into our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices at Holmes Murphy.
- Introduced Diversity Day, added Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to the holiday schedule, and expanded parental leave practices.
- Woven DE&I into internal and external communications.
- Broadened our college and university campus recruiting.
- Launched a DE&I scholarship program through our Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice where annually 10 students of color (and who are part of our client organizations) are chosen to each receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- Created learning, mentoring, and career opportunities through our DiscoverYou, Intern, and Brainery programs. Specifically, our DiscoverYou program provides lasting partnerships and opportunities for high school students from underserved communities.
- Launched an internal DE&I Resource Hub where employees have access to all DE&I materials and educational resources 24/7.
- Launched a mentorship pilot program, where we can better team up individuals from across the organization to learn from one another.
- Developed companywide employee DE&I training and continue to develop new courses and training.
- Revised relevant hiring materials to remove bias and embed DE&I principles.
Caring for Others is Part of Our DNA
At Holmes Murphy, we deeply believe in not only enhancing the work we do to create an environment where everyone feels valued, but also helping us sustain an environment where we can all reach our unique potential.
DE&I isn’t a “check-the-box” initiative for Holmes Murphy; it’s part of our DNA and will continually be evolved to ensure we always remain vigilant in caring for and supporting the unique needs and differences of not only our employees and clients, but also those in our communities and the industry. We’re proud of our work in DE&I and our continued efforts to champion DE&I.