Internship Program Fast Facts
- Formal Summer Internship Program will be from Tuesday, June 2 – Friday, August 7.
- Average working hours are: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Paid internship.
- Opportunities available in several locations.
- Click here to view and apply for internship opportunities by location.
A richly rewarding insurance career starts here..
Many of Holmes Murphy’s leaders started as interns, and our program is one of the most sought-after in the industry. You can count on building your skills through hands-on exposure to all aspects of the insurance business. You’ll work right alongside successful professionals to learn the elements of solid sales or service process and the fundamentals of insurance programs. At Holmes Murphy, our goal is to provide you with a true learning experience that empowers and energizes your career.
Put yourself on the fast track to success.
Our comprehensive paid internship program prepares you for a fulfilling future. First of all, you’ll be assigned a mentor to guide you step-by-step through the program. Then you’ll learn about the insurance cycle and what it takes to be successful in this business. While interns are not required to sell or work directly with clients, you will have many hands-on opportunities for the development of a solid foundation of skills. Best of all, you’ll become an important part of an elite team. By observing and interacting with our recognized industry experts, you’ll learn first-hand Holmes Murphy’s strategies for building strong client partnerships.
Qualifications for this premier opportunity.
To be considered for a Holmes Murphy internship, students should:
- Preferably be a sophomore or junior in college; pursuing a degree in business, finance, risk management, insurance, communications, human resources, marketing, or IT.
- Have demonstrated leadership and multi-activity participation throughout high school and college.
- Show a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the property casualty or employee benefit insurance industry, or interest in our corporate services teams including Corporate Marketing, Information Technology, or Human Resources.