Internship Program Overview:
- 12 week, paid summer internship.
- Opportunities: Business Development (Sales), Account Management, Accounting, Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
- Program Components:
- Intern U — Network with peers and learn about our company through weekly presentations given by Holmes Murphy leaders.
- Group Projects — Every intern is assigned a small group project with a final presentation given to senior leaders.
- Volunteering — Interns give back as a group by volunteering with a local organization.
- Job Shadowing — Interns are given the opportunity to shadow employees in alternative departments to gain more knowledge about our organization as a whole.
Through shadowing insurance professionals and mentoring from a dedicated coach, you’ll learn what it takes to be successful in this industry. While interns are not required to sell or work directly with clients, you will have many hands-on opportunities to develop these critical business skills:
- Increase Professionalism
- Gain Insurance Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills
- Sophomore or junior standing.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and involvement in
- Show a genuine interest in insurance and a desire to learn more about the industry. No specific major required.
- Exemplify the ‘Difference Maker’ philosophy. We are looking for
self-starters who are energetic and competitive.
Interested in applying?
Recruitment for the Internship Program takes place in the Fall. Most applicants can expect a final decision by March 2016 for a start date in late May or early June 2016.