[Virtual Event] Coping with COVID: HR in Turbulent Times
Event via Zoom videoconferencing.
Wed., April 1
12-1 p.m. CT
The rapid response to the coronavirus pandemic has led to dramatic, sweeping changes for many aspects of companies’ operations, not the least of which are organizations’ human resources — or what many businesses now simply call their “people” or “talent” divisions.
On April 1, the Families First Coronavirus Act goes into law, which enacts many changes to paid sick leave and expansion of paid family and medical leave. And on March 16, Gov. Kim Reynolds issued a public health disaster emergency declaration that set forth numerous measures that forced a number of businesses, particularly restaurants, bars and recreational facilities, to curtail or shut down operations.
As emergency relief legislation begins to be enacted at both the federal and state levels, the Des Moines Business Record has assembled a panel of HR experts from a cross-section of specialties to weigh in on the quickly changing landscape.
While no one has definitive answers, we know that the panelists’ discussion and advice will help address some of the questions your organization needs to ask, and perhaps provide a glimpse at best practices at some of Greater Des Moines’ leading companies.
With all of these significant changes enacted at the federal and state levels, there are numerous questions to answer.
We’ll discuss questions such as:
- What are some of the most important steps that businesses should take to make sure they’re compliant with the new federal wage and hour provisions?
- How will the new Labor Department provisions apply to me as a small business owner?
- What particular state restrictions – or loosened requirements – apply to my business?
- My business is shut down due to the Coronavirus. What are my options for what I can do for my employees?
- Ali Payne – President of ethOs and Practice Leader of Organizational Engagement with Holmes Murphy
- Jo Ellen Whitney – Attorney, Davis Brown Law Firm
- Amanda Young – SVP, chief human resources officer, Bankers Trust
- CJ Jacobson – Vice president of people and culture, ITA Group
- Wednesday, April 1
- 12-1 p.m. CT
- Event via Zoom videoconferencing.
- Register by clicking here.