SouthWest Benefits Association Plan Administrator Skills Workshop
DoubleTree Galleria; 4099 Valley View Ln.; Dallas, TX 75244
7:30 - 8:15 a.m. — Registration and Continental Breakfast
4:20 p.m. — Adjournment
This workshop, held each year in Dallas and Oklahoma, will prove relevant to benefits administrators that handle the day-to-day details of the ever-changing world of employee benefits. With the help of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), SouthWest Benefits Association provides you and your staff with the information that will support your administrative decisions.
Plus, Holmes Murphy’s own, Ed Oleksiak, will be presenting during the “10 Questions on the Administration of Welfare Plans” session. The questions he’ll review include:
- What is the status of on-site clinics?
- What are the discrimination testing requirements for welfare and 125 plans?
- What is a discriminatory medical plan and what are the tax impacts?
- What does FMLA require with respect to welfare plan eligibility and coverage?
- Can a welfare plan exclude same-sex spouses?
- What is a “wrap plan” and do I need one?
- What is a “change in family status” and what happens if I fail to comply with the rules?
- Do I need an ERISA committee for a welfare plan?
Don’t miss the most convenient, best-valued one-day workshop of the year.
Please visit https://swba.org/workshop2016.php for a complete schedule, list of speakers and registration information.
Note: The 2016 SWBA Plan Administration Skills Workshop is designed to increase each attendee’s knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as recent changes in employee benefits. The course also is designed to expose attendees to practical solutions to employee benefit problems confronting practitioners and plan sponsors. There are no prerequisites. Advance preparation isn’t required, and every session will feature live presentations. Six hours of credit will be granted in most cases. Application has been made for continuing education credit for:
- Enrolled Actuaries
- Group I Insurance Agents