Surety Service Representative
Do you love the challenge of seeking and building relationships to unlock the unique potential of one’s business? Are you excited by the idea of leading clients to success by solving their real-world business problems? Would you like to join a privately held organization that is 100% focused on you?
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. Our “soul” purpose is meeting and exceeding the needs of our current and future clients as their business partner providing risk management solutions. If that intrigues you, consider joining. our team as a
We are looking to add a Surety Service Representative to join our Surety team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support Client Executive in expertly managing the client relationship by responding to the clients’ surety needs.
- Prepares Surety Bonds as Required per Specifications and/or State Statutes
- Carries out the workflow process to issue bid bonds including another team member verifying the bond is correct before sending out to the client.
- Maintain current and accurate client information in the system, including main point of contact, addresses and Surety provider to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise
- Respond to daily client requests of bid bonds, performance and payment bonds, commercial bonds, renewals and endorsements, as well as accurately invoicing bonds and answering accounting questions.
- Calculates bond premium by determining classification of contractors type of work
- Aids Client Executives in setting up new business by preparing General Indemnity Agreements, verifying client legal name and any other items to establish the account.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to attend in-house training and education based upon plan discussed and agreed upon by leader
- Strong knowledge of Surety bonds and ability to apply that knowledge in preparing bond forms.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, and internal team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals; as well as participate in team meetings by sharing new workflow ideas.
- Strong knowledge of the workflow process and the ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, Erlon, Sagitta and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated good judgment in interpreting company policies and/or dealing with people and difficult situations.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with others, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times, while serving as a resource to the team.
- Advanced critical thinking, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active Commercial Insurance Agent’s license.
- Ability to become a notary.
- Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active Property and Casualty Insurance agent license required, or the ability to acquire license within 3 months of hire.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience preferred, managing clients surety needs in a company or agency environment.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.