Surety Service Associate
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Surety Service Associate to join our Surety team in Madison, WI OR Minneapolis, MN. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The Surety Service Associate works on assigned client accounts. In this role, the Surety Service Associate assists their team and the Client Executive in expertly managing the client relationship by responding to the clients’ surety needs. This requires the Surety Client Associate to independently perform the tasks required to efficiently manage accounts and provide excellent customer service.
- Prepares Surety Bonds as Required per Specifications and/or State Statutes
- Carries out the workflow process to issue bid bonds including another team member verifying the bond is correct before sending out to the client.
- Maintain current and accurate client information in the system, including main point of contact, addresses and Surety provider to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise
- Respond to daily client requests of bid bonds, performance and payment bonds, commercial bonds, renewals and endorsements, as well as accurately invoicing bonds and answering accounting questions as needed.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to attend in-house training and education based upon plan discussed and agreed upon by leader
- General knowledge of Surety bonds and ability to apply that knowledge in preparing bond forms.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, and internal team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals; as well as participate in team meetings by sharing new workflow ideas.
- Knowledge of the workflow process and the ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn how to use various software packages such as, Erlon, Sagitta and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated good judgment in interpreting company policies and/or dealing with people and difficult situations.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with others, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times, while serving as a resource to the team.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active Commercial Insurance Agent’s license.
- Ability to become a notary.
- Education: High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Active Property and Casualty Insurance agent license required, or the ability to acquire license within 3 months of hire.
- Experience: 0-3 years’ experience preferred, managing clients surety needs in a company or agency environment.
- Completed or working towards AFSB Designation is preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.