Surety Service Advisor
Surety Service Advisor
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Surety Service Advisor to join our Surety team in Dallas, TX. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The Surety Service Advisor works on assigned client accounts. In this role, the Surety Service Advisor assists the Client Executive in expertly managing the client relationship by responding to the clients’ surety needs. This requires the Surety Service Advisor to independently perform the tasks required to efficiently manage accounts and provide excellent customer service.
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes processing and issuance of surety bonds for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of Surety bonds and ability to apply that knowledge in preparing bond forms.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, and internal team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals; as well as participate in team meetings by sharing new workflow ideas.
- Advanced critical thinking, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active Property and Casualty Insurance agent license required, or the ability to acquire license within 3 months of hire.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience preferred, managing client’s surety needs in a company or agency environment.
- Completed or working towards AFSB Designation is preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increases and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.