Surety Analyst, CSDZ
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Surety Analyst to join our CSDZ team in Minneapolis, MN or remotely. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to support the value-add activities and initiatives of the Surety Department and assist in managing technical resources.
Work closely with Leaders to:
- Assist with Financial analysis including data entry and developing reports.
- Continued education on the surety process and product.
- Assist in organizing and analyzing information obtained related to contractual risk; economic conditions; customer information; financial data; carrier programs, contacts, and appetite.
- Work with Surety Producers on client financial or project analysis as needed.
- Work on special projects to add value to existing or prospective customers.
- Travel to clients, outside educational opportunities, or other HMA offices, as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data analysis proficiency to run reports, analyze patterns, develop graphics.
- Ability to understand the goals of Producers and clients.
- Ability to independently travel to clients, outside educational opportunities, or other HMA offices, as needed.
- Possesses leadership skills to help problem solve and share knowledge with the Surety team.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active Commercial Insurance Agent’s license.
- Ability to perform and interpret complex mathematical calculations and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, and internal team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals; as well as participate in team meetings by sharing new ideas.
- Knowledge of the workflow process and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment in order to perform functions of the job.
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn how to use various software packages such as, Erlon, Sagitta and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current bond topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
Education: College Degree required. Active Property and Casualty Insurance agent license required, or the ability to acquire license within 3 months of hire.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience providing customer service in a company or agency environment preferred. Bond experience preferred.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.