Sr. Risk & Safety Consultant
Are you an experienced risk management professional committed to unlocking the unique potential of each of your clients? Are you excited by the idea of leading our customers to success by solving their real-world business problems? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating success is just part of the everyday culture?
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. Our sole purpose is meeting and exceeding the needs of our current and future customers as their business partner providing risk management advice. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Sr. Risk & Safety Consultant in our Waukee, IA office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Serve our current clients by identifying areas for improvement in their risk management programs and providing solutions to close noted gaps. Services provided include all insurable risks (workers’ compensation, auto, property, and liability, etc.) and include loss sensitive and captive risk management programs.
- Provide on-site and remote client services such as: training seminars, on-site hazard assessments, strategy development, loss trend analysis, policy/procedure development, goal setting, and monitoring of program success and recommended future initiatives.
- Help us grow our business by participating in prospective client meetings and assessments to understand each prospect’s unique needs. Propose service ideas to help each client reach their greatest potential.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include clients, service consultants, claims consultants, and producers.
- Work with carrier loss control and underwriting personnel to provide the greatest value to our shared clients.
- Maintain active contacts within safety, risk management, and insurance to keep informed of innovative technologies and best practices that may benefit our clients.
- Provide guidance and input for company blogs, newsletters, videos, and other digital communications.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a loss control, risk or safety representative is required.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- The ability to influence decisions through effective written and verbal communication with persons at all levels in an organization is critical. Be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility with a focus on continuous improvement.
- The ability to adapt to the changing conditions of the insurance marketplace and a willingness to update your skills to meet those needs is a must.
- The ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy is a must.
- The ability to learn and use advanced technology associated with job functions is critical.
- The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment is required.
- The ability to type and use a personal computer with various software packages, including but not limited, to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must.
- The ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods is required.
- A willingness to pursue industry-related education and maintain active contacts in the industry is a must.
- CSP, ARM, CPCU, ASP or other professional designations are desirable.
- Some travel required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Sr. Risk & Safety Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!