Sr. Program Manager, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Sr. Program Manager to join our Innovative Captive Strategies team. Preference to candidates who are located near a Holmes Murphy office but open to candidates sitting in other locations based on experience. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective customer service in a professional and timely manner. Furthermore, works with Vice President and Leads/Account Executive in sales and marketing of Captive insurance programs in accordance with established Agency and Sales Team goals and objectives.
- Oversight of program managers and account executives.
- Organize and prepare all submission information.
- Prepare and submit submission to potential fronting and reinsurance markets.
- Manage relationship with fronting and reinsurance carriers, actuary, and agency partners.
- Work with ICS Sales and production source to collect all necessary data.
- Submit (completed uncapped loss history and supporting documentation) to actuary and manage loss pick process with ICS Sales and production sources.
- Prepare proformas, premium summary and audit factors for presentation by ICS Sales.
- Direct contact with production sources at agencies.
- Manage financial data to professional partners (i.e. bordereaus).
- Prepare information for distribution at board meetings.
- Work with Risk Management Services on Risk Control Committee Meetings.
- Work with ICS Sales on Underwriting Committee Meetings.
- Become familiar with captive insurance company equity statements.
- Prepare marketing information.
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the production sources.
- Interface with the customer service representatives at agencies.
- Review class of business – knowledgeable about present programs.
- Qualify prospects with ICS Sales and production sources.
- Maintain client files and client/prospect tracking system.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with support staff outside the sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS Structure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of Captive/property casualty coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze captive/property casualty coverages, forms, and policies.
- Ability to read, understand and present captive financial statements at annual board of directors meetings.
- Ability to learn to develop insurance markets, to analyze simple to complex coverage requirements, to identify appropriate resources, and to resolve insurance issues.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active Iowa property/casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as; computer, calculators, copier, telephone, and fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
- Education: College Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five years providing customer service in a company or agency environment. Ability to acquire and maintain an active property/casualty insurance agent’s license.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.