Sr. Placement Consultant
Are you a Commercial Property & Casualty insurance professional passionate about working with clients and insurance carriers? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Sr. Placement Consultant on our Placement team in our Waukee, IA office, read on!
As a Sr. Placement Consultant, you can expect to work closely with both the Placement and Sales team to fact find, assemble, and proactively market qualified prospects of new and business with Account Executive across the enterprise.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do to prepare and market new business:
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently market and place guaranteed cost, large deductible, captive and other loss sensitive insurance programs which may include but not limited to:
- Prepare, market new and define renewal business in conjunction with designated sales teams to include:
- Collect all necessary information and analyze the current program
- Develop applications from raw data, such as current policies or specifications and information available on the internet
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents; negotiate best terms with market
- Analyze quotes and prepare coverage proposal and premium displays
- Prepare and help present a proposal which complies with HMA coverage standards with input from the sales team
- Maintain an organized marketing file utilizing appropriate software that provides Placement Specialist with clear and accurate information to ensure a smooth issuance, including a written order letter with all changes noted.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, clients and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to both internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects as identified by the AVP, Placement Leader or the VP Enterprise Placement leader.
- Attend Agency meetings as well as internal and external training as required.
- Develop/maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and client experience team in order to build trust and write business. This includes meeting with underwriters when they visit the office, as well as attending social events before or after work hours.
- Coordinates ART Assessments and processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
- Overall market knowledge, including but not limited to: Agency, Carrier, Reinsurance, Risk Financing, Loss Control, Claims, etc.
- Understanding of various insurance policy types, including but not limited to: GL, Property, Package, Umbrella, Auto, Liability, Cyber, D&O, DIC, Captive, etc.
- Understanding of complex insurance policies, including but not limited to: loss sensitive, self-insured, layered programs, deductible buy-downs, etc.
- Ability to create customized coverage form suites unique to clients and provide options for additional protection. Ability to explain coverages to producers and clients.
- Competitive knowledge of competing agencies and wholesale brokerages, ability to identify between local, regional and national competition.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Seven-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial insurance agency or company underwriting performing insurance placement/insurance marketing responsibilities.
- Active state-specific commercial Property and Casualty insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Insurance Designation (ARM, CPCU, CRM, etc.) required.
- Excellent knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of marketing and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk is required.
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete job duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Sr. Placement Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today.