Sr. Placement Consultant, PC
Are you a Commercial Property & Casualty insurance professional passionate about working with clients and insurance carriers? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Sr. Placement Consultant on our Placement team in either our Kansas City, MO, Waukee, IA , Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN office!
As a Sr. Placement Consultant, you can expect to work closely with both the Placement and Sales team to fact find, assemble, and proactively market qualified prospects of new and specific renewal business with the designated Account Executive.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do to prepare and market new and renewal business:
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes renewal marketing and placement of insurance for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Prepare, market new and define renewal business in conjunction with designated sales teams to include:
- Collect all necessary information and analyze the current program, which at times involves contacting the prospect or insured after a visit or introduction has been made.
- Run building valuations.
- Provide flood reports.
- Create and set up loss histories using Excel software from gathered information.
- Order applicable underwriting reports as needed.
- Develop applications from raw data, such as current policies or specifications and information available on the internet.
- Complete online rating if necessary.
- Prepare coverage proposal and premium displays.
- Document required underwriting information.
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents.
- Favorable presentation of the account to the insurance carriers, and to proactively work in obtaining a compelling program.
- Prepare a proposal which complies with HMA coverage standards with input from the sales team.
- Maintain an organized marketing file utilizing appropriate software that provides Placement Specialist with clear and accurate information to ensure a smooth issuance, including a written order letter with all changes noted.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, clients and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to both internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain active contacts within the industry to keep informed on industry trends/issues.
- Perform special projects as identified by the AVP, Placement Leader or the VP Enterprise Placement leader.
- Attend Agency meetings as well as internal and external training as required.
- Compare requested coverage to the coverage quoted by carriers. Provide notes to Placement Executives for further negotiation and discussion with carriers.
- Schedule and lead client meetings. Presents turnover meeting materials to service team.
- Set up new clients in the agency management system (AMS) and other appropriate software. Input policy information in AMS for smooth transition to the Client Experience Team.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, prospects and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to internal requests as needed.
- Develop/maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and client experience team in order to build trust and write business. This includes meeting with underwriters when they visit the office, as well as attending social events before or after work hours.
- Request and monitor process for the loss summary and experience mod forecast report gets completed.
- Compare exposure schedules to quotes.
- Coordinates ART Assessments and processes.
- Overall market knowledge, including but not limited to: Agency, Carrier, Reinsurance, Risk Financing, Loss Control, Claims, etc.
- Understanding of various insurance policy types, including but not limited to: GL, Property, Package, Umbrella, Auto, etc.
- Understanding of additional broader insurance policy types, including but not limited to: Management Liability, Cyber, D&O, DIC, Captive, etc.
- Understanding of complex insurance policies, including but not limited to: loss sensitive, self-insured, layered programs, deductible buy-downs, etc.
- Ability to create customized coverage form suites unique to clients and provide options for additional protection. Ability to explain coverages to producers and clients.
- Understands agency and carrier operations and relationship with multiple years of handling own accounts.
- Competitive knowledge of competing agencies and brokerages, ability to identify between local, regional and national competition.
- Competitive knowledge of carriers and wholesalers and knowledge of underwriters/coverage offerings at key carrier partners.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Seven-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial insurance agency or company underwriting performing insurance placement/insurance marketing responsibilities.
- Active state-specific commercial Property and Casualty insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Insurance Designation (ARM, CPCU, CRM, etc.) required.
- Excellent knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of marketing and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk is required.
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete job duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Sr. Placement Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!