Sr. Placement Consultant – Executive Risk and Cyber
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking for expertise specific to Executive Risk and Cyber Liability to join us as a Sr. Placement Consultant on our Specialty team in Minneapolis, MN. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
Our Holmes Murphy Executive Risk Practice includes the following products: Directors & Officers Liability, Professional Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Crime, Kidnap & Ransom, Employed Lawyers Professional, Cyber, and Transactional Liability/Reps & Warranties.
As a Sr. Placement Consultant, you can expect to work closely with both the Placement and Sales team to fact find, assemble, and proactively market qualified prospects of new and specific renewal business with the designated Account Executive.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do to prepare and market new and renewal business:
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes renewal marketing and placement of insurance for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Prepare, market new and define renewal business in conjunction with designated sales teams to include:
- Collect all necessary information and analyze the current program, which at times involves contacting the prospect or insured after a visit or introduction has been made.
- Create and set up loss histories using Excel software from gathered information.
- Order applicable underwriting reports as needed.
- Develop applications from raw data, such as current policies or specifications and information available on the internet.
- Complete online rating, if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of coverage proposal and premium displays.
- Document required underwriting information.
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents.
- Benchmarking and loss modeling to support recommended program structure
- Favorable presentation of the account to the insurance carriers, and to proactively work in obtaining a compelling program.
- Prepare a proposal which complies with HMA coverage standards with input from the sales team.
- Maintain an organized marketing file utilizing appropriate software that provides Placement Specialist with clear and accurate information to ensure a smooth issuance, including a written order letter with all changes noted.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, clients and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to both internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain active contacts within the industry to keep informed on industry trends/issues.
- Perform special projects as identified by the AVP, Placement Leader or the VP Enterprise Placement leader.
- Attend Agency meetings as well as internal and external training as required.
- Compare requested coverage to the coverage quoted by carriers. Provide notes to Placement Executives for further negotiation and discussion with carriers.
- Schedule and lead client meetings. Presents turnover meeting materials to service team.
- Set up new clients in the agency management system (AMS) and other appropriate software. Input policy information in AMS for smooth transition to the Client Experience Team.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, prospects and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to internal requests as needed.
- Develop/maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and client experience team in order to build trust and write business. This includes meeting with underwriters when they visit the office, as well as attending social events before or after work hours.
- Request and monitor process for the loss summary and experience mod forecast report gets completed.
- Compare exposure schedules to quotes.
- Coordinates ART Assessments and processes.
- Overall market knowledge, including but not limited to: Agency, Carrier, Reinsurance, Risk Financing, Loss Control, Claims, etc.
- Deep understanding of insurance policy types, including but not limited to: Directors & Officers Liability, Cyber, Employment Practices, Fiduciary, Crime, Side A DIC, etc.
- Ability to create customized coverage form suites unique to clients and provide options for additional protection.
- Ability to explain coverages to producers and clients.
- Understands agency and carrier operations and relationship with multiple years of handling own accounts.
- Competitive knowledge of competing agencies and brokerages, ability to identify between local, regional and national competition.
- Competitive knowledge of carriers and wholesalers and knowledge of underwriters/coverage offerings at key carrier partners.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Seven-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial insurance agency or company underwriting performing insurance placement/insurance marketing responsibilities.
- Active state-specific commercial Property and Casualty insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Insurance Designation (ARM, CPCU, CRM, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of executive risk and/or cyber liability insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of marketing and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk is required.
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete job duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you are not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increases and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.