Sr. ETL Developer
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Sr. ETL Developer to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA or remotely. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support the Creative Risk Solutions division and overall company vision, mission and strategy by executing tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy for Creative Risk Solutions.
Work closely with CRS Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Execute tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy.
- Builds, tests, and maintains ETL flows to support data movement into and out of the claim management system and supports CRS data in the enterprise data lake.
- Create, maintain, and optimize queries, views, stored procedures, and functions which support data movement.
- Provides operational support for the scheduled jobs including monitoring, performance tuning and debugging of data movement flows utilizing automation whenever possible.
- Works with the CRS data analysts and business stakeholders to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data. Assist with data cleansing through bulk changes or development of a data strategy to address any data quality findings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience building scalable and robust ETL dataflows which maximize configuration and reusability to support data transformation, data movement, data structures and metadata. Alteryx or Azure Data Factory preferred
- Hands on experience with a variety of data sources, structured and unstructured, such as delimited, fixed width, database, blob, etc.
- Experience with APIs and/or RPA for the collection of third-party data. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience with cloud data storage, Snowflake and/or Azure preferred.
- Familiarity with data governance practices and data quality.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment.
- Eagerness to learn independently.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to maintain a professionalism.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology or engineering, or math related, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of work-related experience. Knowledge of property casualty insurance preferred but not required.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.