Sr. Consultant, Charlesworth
We are looking to add a Sr. Consultant to join our Charlesworth Consulting team in Dallas, TX. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients, assist in creating an insurance program specific to client needs and strengthen the client relationship, while providing them with technical expertise in a professional and timely manner. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and assess their risk profile and respond to client risk management needs and assignments. Furthermore, the Client Manager assists the organization in the actual sales and marketing of risk management consulting services in accordance with established organizational goals and objectives. Leverages advanced skill set and insurance knowledge to provide exceptional consulting services to new and existing clients. Uses understanding of client needs to expand business opportunities and further solidify client relationships.
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes oversight of all insurance programs and risk management responsibilities for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
Client Service Duties:
- Servicing the largest and most complex accounts; Client Service Specialist and Client Service Consultant support dependent upon account size.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and operates as an effective partner with clients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Tracks expiration dates of current clients to ensure renewals are completed.
- Reviews insurance in place and assesses future needs of client.
- Review of insurance options as presented by the broker or insurance trust.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as, responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of all client service issues.
- Researches and investigates client insurance concerns.
- Instigates meetings or telephone contact with clients to proactively address issues and explores opportunities to enhance services currently provided.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Investigates or identifies appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance and risk management issues ensuring client and sales team satisfaction.
- Maintains an awareness of complex or significant claims situations and assists in claims process management as requested, to ensure client claim issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Maintains visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Take ownership and lead accounts.
- Meet with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Oversee the broker marketing of renewal policies and negotiations with insurance company underwriters.
- Oversee the broker’s client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing as well as the completion of required documents.
- Attend Client renewal meetings, as required.
- Review quotes on accounts for accuracy.
- Promotes the organization and the insurance industry in the community.
- Manages various complex insurance plans such as claims made policies, loss sensitive risk funding plans, and loss development and loss forecasting.
- Interprets policy contractual provisions, understands policy forms and general intent, develops manuscript endorsements to ensure appropriate action taken on coverage issues.
Marketing/Sales Process Duties:
- Assist in the identification and pursuit of new and/or expanded risk management consulting services. accomplished by understanding client business needs and in fostering strong client relationships.
- Utilizes relationships with brokers, agents, underwriters and company representatives to develop effective communication, , design individualized coverage programs, and resolve complex service issues for clients.
- Participates in providing ongoing training with team members on established processes and procedures.
- Continues to be a mentor to others.
- Effectively coordinates client service responsibilities with Consultants and Client Service Specialists.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; demonstrates leadership role within the team and throughout agency, participates in team meetings, provides back up when necessary, communicates information, and effectively resolves problems/issues as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing through various platforms (i.e.: team meetings, emails, Salesforce Chatter, etc.).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to be proactive, be a thought leader, mentor and leader to others.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain outstanding professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and organization goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 5+ years customer service, underwriting or risk management experience in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.