Sr. Client Service Consultant, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Sr. Client Service Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to profitability, value, and growth of revenue in existing business and assuring quality service delivery to clients in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc. In addition, provide technical expertise, and develop/strengthen client relationships, as well as, to provide effective customer service in a professional and timely manner. Assists sales team in marketing group employee benefit insurance programs as needed, and suggests additional coverages and limits, which reduce the client’s exposure in according with established Agency and Sales Team goals and objectives. In addition, the Sr. Consultant should demonstrate strong leadership skills to the rest of the team, including mentoring inside staff.
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a client account including primary responsibility for maintaining overall relationship with client at the executive level; communicate more complex client strategies to partners.
- Develop and manage the scope of services for each client, which includes overall healthcare strategy and a financial budget. Work with sales team to determine specific scope of services and responsibilities.
- Ensure client is kept abreast of new Holmes Murphy product offerings, capabilities and tools, as well as legal and compliance updates, as they become available or are released internally.
- Review insurance in place and assess future needs of client, develop/implement growth strategies for each client, which results in increased revenue of existing client base as well as Company revenue.
- Manage execution of timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate sales/service team member, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed, summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications, specific for each client’s employee population.
- Provide final review of employee communications, proposals, documents and contracts; provide feedback to Consultant/Account Manager, as needed.
- Oversee the management of the financial budget for each client. Review monthly Company produced Monthly Financial Summary Report (MFSR) for self-funded clients and quarterly insurance carrier produced reports for fully insured clients. Provide regular written updates to the client on the tracking of the health plan according to the financial budget.
- Integrate Company expertise staff (actuarial, clinical, communications, reporting) into client accounts for the purpose of assuring long-lasting client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations.
- Visit and/or travel to client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Promote a positive image of the Company and the insurance industry in the community.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with existing clients and prospective clients through industry conferences, business groups and community activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with insurance carrier/vendor contacts and identify opportunities to form strategic partnerships to enhance product and sevice delivery to clients and grow revenue; manage escalated vendor issues and negotiate, when necessary.
- Advocate for the client, researching and resolving issues, contract concerns, etc. with vendors, as situations arise.
- Actively participate in the professional development of Consultant/Account Manager on assigned accounts. Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance and feedback to Consultant/Account Manager on assigned accounts and delegate as appropriate.
- Provide direction to other Senior Consultants, Consultants and Account Managers to coordinate client work internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a leadership role within the team and throughout the agency, participates in team meetings, and provides back up when necessary.
- Employ Holmes Murphy Policies and Procedures to execute all job-related responsibilities.
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon location and client).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of employee benefit coverages and standard underwriting procedures with the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Agency Management System, etc.
- Ability to work with detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and analyze employee benefit coverage’s without supervision from others.
- Ability to perceive client needs and take initiative to support those needs.
- Ability to effectively present in front of client executives and large groups.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self-disciplined and motivated.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business or HR Management) or equivalent work experience required. Active state-specific Life & Health Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a life/health, employee benefits, or provider organization.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.