Sr. Client Service Consultant, EB
Do you excel at providing account management support? Do you enjoy developing and strengthening relationships with your clients? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Sr. Client Service Consultant within our Employee Benefits division in our Dallas, Texas office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a client account including primary responsibility for maintaining overall relationship with client at the executive level; communicate more complex client strategies to partners.
- Develop and manage the scope of services for each client, which includes overall healthcare strategy and a financial budget. Work with sales team to determine specific scope of services and responsibilities.
- Ensure client is kept abreast of new Holmes Murphy product offerings, capabilities and tools, as well as legal and compliance updates, as they become available or are released internally.
- Review insurance in place and assess future needs of client, develop/implement growth strategies for each client, which results in increased revenue of existing client base as well as Company revenue.
- Manage execution of timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate sales/service team member, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed, summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications, specific for each client’s employee population.
- Provide final review of employee communications, proposals, documents and contracts; provide feedback to Consultant/Account Manager, as needed.
- Oversee the management of the financial budget for each client. Review monthly Company produced Monthly Financial Summary Report (MFSR) for self-funded clients and quarterly insurance carrier produced reports for fully insured clients. Provide regular written updates to the client on the tracking of the health plan according to the financial budget.
- Integrate Company expertise staff (actuarial, clinical, communications, reporting) into client accounts for the purpose of assuring long-lasting client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations.
- Visit and/or travel to client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Promote a positive image of the Company and the insurance industry in the community.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with existing clients and prospective clients through industry conferences, business groups and community activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with insurance carrier/vendor contacts and identify opportunities to form strategic partnerships to enhance product and service delivery to clients and grow revenue; manage escalated vendor issues and negotiate, when necessary.
- Advocate for the client, researching and resolving issues, contract concerns, etc. with vendors, as situations arise.
- Actively participate in the professional development of Consultant/Account Manager on assigned accounts. Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance and feedback to Consultant/Account Manager on assigned accounts and delegate as appropriate.
- Provide direction to other Senior Consultants, Consultants and Account Managers to coordinate client work internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a leadership role within the team and throughout the agency, participates in team meetings, and provides back up when necessary.
- Employ Holmes Murphy Policies and Procedures to execute all job related responsibilities
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon location and client).
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Thorough knowledge of employee benefit coverages and standard underwriting procedures with the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Agency Management System, etc.
- Ability to work with detail, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and analyze employee benefit coverage’s without supervision from others.
- Ability to perceive client needs and take initiative to support those needs.
- Ability to effectively present in front of client executives and large groups.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self-disciplined and motivated.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Active Texas Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- The ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Sr. Client Service Consultant, apply today!