Sr. Claims Consultant, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Are you an experienced property casualty insurance claims professional? Are you excited by the idea of being the expert your clients rely and count on to provide high quality claims management, advocacy and service? Would you like to join a company with a flexible work environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating success is just part of the everyday culture?
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Sr. Claims Consultant to join our Property Casualty team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do when serving our clients:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and operate as an effective partner with clients to perform claim reviews, analyze claim data to determine loss trends and assist in loss prevention, assist in marketing/placement of business based upon clients’ claim needs, evaluate and recommend future insurance options.
- Assist client in properly determining coverage.
- Educate client on the claims process for various losses.
- Serve as a good faith client advocate for the clients’ insurance interests.
- Perform research and follow-up for clients on claim management issues and questions.
- Perform special projects as identified by clients or internal team members.
- Help us grow our business by participating in prospective client meetings and assessments to understand each prospect’s unique needs. Propose service ideas to help each client reach their greatest potential.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include clients, service consultants, risk & safety consultants, and producers.
- Work with insurance carriers to provide the greatest value to our shared clients.
- Maintain active contacts within claims and insurance to keep informed of innovative technologies and best practices that may benefit our clients.
- Provide clients and company with guidance and input for unique ideas, tools and resources to provide our clients best possible outcomes for their business.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a claims professional in property & casualty insurance is required. Construction industry claims experience a plus, but not required.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- The ability to influence decisions through effective written and verbal communication with persons at all levels in an organization is critical. Be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility with a focus on continuous improvement.
- The ability to adapt to the changing conditions of the insurance marketplace and a willingness to update your skills to meet those needs is a must.
- The ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy is a must.
- The ability to learn and use advanced technology associated with job functions is critical.
- The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment is required.
- The ability to type and use a personal computer with various software packages, including but not limited, to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must.
- The ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods is required.
- A willingness to pursue industry-related education and maintain active contacts in the industry is a must.
- AIC, CPCU or other industry-related insurance professional designations are desirable.
- Some travel required.
- Flexible Hybrid (Home/Office) Work Arrangements
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.