Sr. Claims Consultant, PC – Waukee, IA
Have you wondered where can you take your career from your experience in property casualty claims or risk management with no longer directly adjudicating claims? Have you thought how rewarding it would be to use your knowledge and experience to help clients improve their claim process and outcomes? Do you enjoy helping clients and solving problems? We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Sr. Claims Consultant to join our Claims team. We are open to hiring candidates in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do when serving our clients:
- Serve as the dedicated Claim Consultant on a book of our existing clients, maintaining and enhancing relationships through value-added claims advocacy services.
- Assist the client in claim-related needs: determining coverage, understanding policy language, educating around the claims process, participating in claim reviews, onboarding new carriers/TPAs, managing reserve adequacy, etc.
- Help us grow our business by sharing ideas with prospective clients regarding how they can improve their claims and risk management programs.
- Assist our clients in the development of claim reduction programs such as early return-to-work, medical management, nurse triage, early reporting, and related post-loss initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal producers, insurance services, and risk/safety teams to continually understand our clients’ goals and work as a team toward achievement.
- Communicate with clients, insurance carriers, TPAs, adjusters, legal counsel, safety professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure prompt and effective claim resolution and to reduce the likelihood of claim recurrence.
- Analyze claim data to determine loss trends and assist in loss prevention, working closely with in-house risk/safety consultants.
- Support the marketing and placement of business based upon clients’ claim management needs.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current and emerging industry trends.
- Perform special projects as identified.
You’ll need to be equipped with the following skills for the Sr. Claims Consultant role:
- Strong problem solving and influencing capabilities.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Strong technical and insurance risk management knowledge.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, perform quality work independently
- Maintain professional demeanor when interacting with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry-related education.
- Ability to provide own transportation and travel, sometimes overnight, out of state and/or multiple days.
- Education: College degree preferred, or applicable work experience.
- Certifications: Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required. Must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- AIC/CPCU/CRIS or other industry-related insurance certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ insurance industry experience required; Multi-line or workers’ compensation experience a plus.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.