Social Media Specialist
Do you love developing social media strategies and content that informs and inspires? Do you enjoy the challenge of communicating complicated topics and showcasing Thought Leadership that can shape an industry? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Social Media Specialist in the Corporate Marketing department of our Waukee, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Develop content for and manage multiple brand social channels.
- Implement social media strategies that build brand awareness and inbound traffic.
- Set up and optimize brand social channels to increase the visibility of the company’s social content.
- Build and manage an editorial calendar for all social media platforms, including writing, curating, and scheduling all posts from social accounts.
- Integrate the brand voice across social media channels.
- Manage brands’ social presence day-to-day, monitoring posts, and responding promptly to comments and requests.
- Track, measure, and analyze performance of social content and campaigns.
- Stay current with social media trends and best practices.
- Work independently and as part of a creative team on projects of all shapes and sizes.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Previous experience handling social media for brands or organizations.
- Knowledge of strategies and best practices for each social media platform.
- Ability to create and implement campaigns, monitor analytics to identify actionable strategies and feedback, and create engaging social media content.
- Demonstrate a passion around understanding of our industry and inserting Holmes Murphy Thought Leadership into the online discussion.
- Strong creative writing and copyediting capabilities.
- Maintain a firm grasp of our industry, current news events and trends, and how those impact our online messaging.
- Experience with social media marketing tools such as Buffer.
- An outcome-oriented personality with a high level of commitment to seeing the job from start to finish.
- Ability to bring new ideas and fresh perspective to the table, while also being able to absorb and execute feedback to meet outcomes and objectives.
- Ability to be organized and efficient, paying close attention to details while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and keep projects moving forward within guidelines.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- B.A. or B.S. in marketing, digital marketing, communications, public relations, or journalism.
- 3+ years social media management and analytics experience.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Social Media Specialist at Holmes Murphy, apply today!