Sales, Brainery – Denver
Are you ready to press play on your career and accept the challenge of taking on a sales role? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading!
We are looking for candidates to participate in the 2022 Brainery Program. The Brainery is the first step on the path to a successful career at Holmes Murphy. Our philosophy is to hire top talent, then teach them the fundamentals of the insurance industry and our client base. You will start with an intensive training for 2 weeks, and then will accelerate through a combination of virtual learning and on the job experience.
Upon graduating from the Brainery, participants on the Sales track transition into a full time Sales role and are placed at one of our many office locations across the country.
Training Locations: Des Moines (Waukee) and Dallas
Placement Locations: Denver
Brainery Curriculum Components:
- Holmes Murphy Orientation
- Fundamental insurance industry knowledge
- Underwriting practices and financial concepts
- Product overview and technological capabilities
- Preparation for license exams
- Presentation skills
- Build relationships with local community
Client Executive Duties:
- Contribute to company profitability and value by setting and achieving goals.
- Grow revenue through adding new clients to book of business.
- Maintain a consultative role with current clients.
- Make cold calls, gain favorable access, qualify, and close new accounts.
- Actively generate new sales leads through attending community activities and association meetings.
- Provide accurate and complete information on potential accounts and renewal accounts to assigned account managers to develop complete insurance program presentations.
- Help market these accounts, present proposals to prospects and clients, close sales, and deliver policies.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Additional duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to Waukee, IA over the course of the program.
- Ability to obtain state specific Property Casualty or Life & Health insurance license within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- 0-2 years work experience in customer service or administrative role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Available to start on or before June 1st, 2022.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity at Holmes Murphy, apply for the Brainery today!