Sales – 2024 Summer Internship
Are you looking to gain valuable professional experience in a vibrant environment? If so, look no further than our Summer Internship Program!
We are seeking candidates for our 2024 Summer Internship Program in Minneapolis, MN. We have Sales Intern opportunities in our Brokerage Services lines of business. If you are unsure if this is a role you would be interested in, check out the experience below and determine if this would be the best fit for you! Our Summer Program runs from May 20th- August 2nd, 2024. This is a full-time, paid, on-site internship opportunity. You will spend the first week of the program traveling to our Waukee, Iowa headquarters, where you will connect and collaborate with the entire class!
No need to worry if you’re unsure about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry.
- Contribute to company profitability. Support Client Executives through:
- Making cold calls. Gather information on prospective/current clients.
- Building prospect lists. Assist in generating new sales leads.
- Attend sales meetings. Experience firsthand the life cycle of sales.
- Attend community activities. Promote Holmes Murphy through different events.
- Prepare and deliver Weekly Sales Presentations.
- Rotate every three weeks through our three main sales areas.
- Take on any additional duties as assigned.
- Curious and have a competitive spirit.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial-minded.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Communicative with strong interpersonal & writing skills.
- A team player, you work well with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to Give.Fully, and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times each summer and give back to our local communities.
ESSENTIAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT – As an organization, we believe that development is constant. We will use our weekly sessions to enhance your business etiquette and formal public speaking, business etiquette, and presentation skills.
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service or administrative role.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting awesome candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply to our Sales Internship —we’d love to hear from you!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.