Bilingual Receptionist, CRS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Bilingual Receptionist to join our Creative Risk Solutions team. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning. Bilingual skills with fluency in Spanish preferred.
This role will support Creative Risk Solutions by providing professional customer service to clients and staff by answering, screening and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic claim information when needed. This role will also assist with administrative workflow to support the daily operations of CRS.
- Must maintain professional manner at all times while directing calls to the appropriate personnel as well as taking and routing messages as necessary.
- Perform data entry functions within the claim system to support daily administrative workflow and as necessary to look up information for clients, agency partners, providers and for internal staff.
- Act as the Office Services liaison for CRS and maintain sufficient stock for envelopes, letterhead, business cards, etc.
- Act as the lead for offsite file retrieval and storage with MDS Management.
- Assist with training new and current personnel on departmental procedures and telephone functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform special projects as identified by the Administrative Manager.
- Ability to operate a switchboard, route calls, and take messages in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to memorize telephone extensions and names.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activities.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software programs such as Outlook, MS Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as required.
- Bilingual skills with fluency in Spanish preferred.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year prior work experience as a telephone/switchboard operator preferred. Prior receptionist experience a plus.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.