Program Manager, ICS
Do you think you have what it takes to help assist our staff with marketing captive insurance programs? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Program Manager within our Innovative Captive Strategies (ICS) division in our Waukee, Iowa, office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Organize and prepare all submission information.
- Prepare and submit submission to potential fronting and reinsurance markets.
- Manage relationships with Market.
- Work with ICS Sales and production source to collect all necessary data.
- Submit (completed uncapped loss history and supporting documentation) to actuary and manage loss pick process with ICS Sales and production sources.
- Prepare proformas, premium summary and audit factors for presentation by ICS Sales
- Direct contact with production sources (AE).
- Work with ICS Sales on Boards of Directors Meetings.
- Work with Risk Management Services on Risk Control Committee Meetings.
- Work with ICS Sales on Underwriting Committee Meetings.
- Become familiar with captive insurance company equity statements.
- Prepare marketing information.
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the production sources.
- Interface with the customer service representatives at agencies.
- Review class of business – knowledgeable about present programs.
- Maintain client files.
- Compiles and distributes board packets for Board Meetings with assistance from Sr. PM, sales and Risk Management Services.
- Maintain client/prospect-tracking system.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with support staff outside the sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS Structure.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- General knowledge of Captive/property casualty coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze captive/property casualty coverages, forms, and policies.
- Ability to learn to develop insurance markets, to analyze simple to complex coverage requirements, to identify appropriate resources, and to resolve insurance issues.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum five years’ experience providing customer service in an insurance company or agency environment.
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active Property Casualty insurance license or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Understanding of insurance agency and insurance company operations and workflows.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Program Manager within ICS, apply today!
Pre-offer background check required.