Placement Specialist, PC – Construction
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Placement Specialist to join our Property Casualty team in various locations. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will assist the Placement Department in the placement of new business and specific renewal business through the preparation of submissions to the carriers. This will be done in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes, Murphy & Associates, LLC.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Develop applications from raw data, such as current policies or specifications and information available on the internet.
- Provide Placement Consultants required list of information, after comparing it to the information provided by the sales team.
- Create and set up schedules using Excel software.
- Set up new clients in the agency management system (AMS) and other appropriate software. Input policy information in AMS for smooth transition to the Client Experience Team.
- Order applicable underwriting reports as needed.
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents.
- Provide answers, solutions, or direction to questions or concerns by sales team, service team, prospects and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Research information in response to internal requests as needed.
- Develop/maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and client experience team in order to build trust and write business. This includes meeting with underwriters when they visit the office, as well as attending social events before or after work hours.
- Request and monitor process for the loss summary and experience mod forecast report gets completed.
- Complete online rating if necessary.
- Compare exposure schedules to quotes.
- Assist with preparing coverage proposal and premium displays.
- Maintain effective communications with company underwriters and prospective clients.
- Participates in team meetings and initiatives.
- Perform special projects as identified as assigned by the Team Lead, Placement Consultants and Placement leader
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of Property and Casualty Insurance industry.
- Basic understanding of various insurance policy types, including but not limited to: GL, Property, Package, Umbrella, Auto, etc.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; customer service orientation.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with AMS, Excel and Word and other company software.
- Proficient and knowledgeable on Inputs, updating, creation of proposals, creation of diaries, etc.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work a 7.75 hour workday, and extended hours when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematic computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to pursue a technical designation/education CISR, CIC, CPCU or other designation approved by manager.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Ability to obtain state-specific license within three months of employment and maintain license in the state of residence or office location by attending continuing education.
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience in the insurance industry required. Experience in agency setting preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.