Placement Consultant, Property & Casualty
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Placement Consultant to join our Property and Casualty Placement team in Waukee, IA . Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning. As a Placement Consultant, you could expect to work closely with other placement team members and Sales Team in the placement of new business and specific renewal business.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do to prepare and market new and renewal business:
- Collect all necessary information and analyze the current program, which at times involves contacting the prospect or insured after a visit or introduction has been made.
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents.
- Favorable presentation of the account to the insurance carriers, and to proactively work in obtaining a compelling program.
- Prepare a proposal which complies with HMA coverage standards with input from the sales team.
- Run building valuations.
- Provide flood reports.
- Maintain an organized marketing file utl8zing appropriate software that provides Account Managers with clear and accurate information to ensure a smooth issuance
- Provide answers, solutions or directions to questions or concerns by the sales team, service team, clients and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and clients in order to build trust and write business.
- Perform coverage review and analysis in existing programs and quote options.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Five-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial insurance agency or company underwriting performing insurance placement/insurance marketing responsibilities.
- Active state-specific commercial Property and Casualty insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Excellent knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of marketing and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs and ability to learn use of our agency management system.
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete job duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- Strong technical background on Property and Casualty Insurance Coverage.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Education: Ability to obtain state-specific license within three months of employment and maintain license in the state of residence or office location by attending continuing education. Expectation to have obtained at least one Insurance Designation (ARM, CPCU, CRM, etc.)
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in the insurance industry is required. Experience in agency setting preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.