Placement Consultant, PC
Are you a Commercial Property & Casualty insurance professional passionate about working with clients and insurance carriers? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Placement Consultant on our Placement team in our Waukee, IA office, read on!
As a Placement Consultant, you could expect to work closely with the Placement Team and Sales Team in the placement of new business and specific renewal business.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do to prepare and market new and renewal business:
- Collect all necessary information and analyze the current program, which at times involves contacting the prospect or insured after a visit or introduction has been made.
- Prepare submissions to include applications and various support documents.
- Favorable presentation of the account to the insurance carriers, and to proactively work in obtaining a compelling program.
- Prepare a proposal which complies with HMA coverage standards with input from the sales team.
- Run building valuations.
- Provide flood reports.
- Maintain an organized marketing file utilizing appropriate software that provides Account Managers with clear and accurate information to ensure a smooth issuance
- Provide answers, solutions or directions to questions or concerns by the sales team, service team, clients and underwriters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and clients in order to build trust and write business.
- Perform coverage review and analysis in existing programs and quote options.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Five-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial insurance agency or company underwriting performing insurance placement/insurance marketing responsibilities.
- Active state-specific commercial Property and Casualty insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Excellent knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of marketing and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs and ability to learn use of our agency management system.
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete job duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- Strong technical background on Property and Casualty Insurance Coverage.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a 7.75 hour workday Monday – Friday, and extended hours when necessary.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Placement Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!