Placement Account Manager
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Placement Account Manager to join our Fraternal Services team in Omaha, NE. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will assist the team in the placement of new business and specific renewal business through the preparation of submissions to the carriers. This will be done in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes, Murphy & Associates, Inc.
Work closely with Leaders to:
- Develop applications from raw data, such as current policies or specifications and information available on the internet.
- Provide required list of information, after comparing it to the information provided by the sales team.
- Create and set up schedules using Excel software.
- Set up new clients in the system & create folders for them using appropriate software. Input policy information as needed for smooth transition to the Service Team.
- Assist with preparing coverage proposal and premium displays.
- Schedule appointments with carrier personnel as needed.
- Research information in response to questions from internal and external clients.
- Maintain effective communications with company underwriters and clients.
- Perform special projects as identified by the VP Business Development/Shareholder.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability. Accuracy is a major component.
- Strong technical background on Property and Casualty Insurance Coverage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; customer service orientation.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Excel and Word and other company software.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a 7.75 hour workday, and extended hours when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematic computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to pursue a technical designation/education CISR, CIC, CPCU or other designation approved by the VP Business Development/Shareholder.
Education: High school diploma. Obtain state-specific license within three months of employment and maintain license in the state of residence or office location by attending continuing education.
Experience: 3 – 5 years or more of administrative/clerical experience preferably in the insurance industry, or as an account manager or CSR in an agency preferred. Membership in a Fraternity or Sorority preferred but not required.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.