Pharmacy Benefits Management Consultant
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Pharmacy Benefits Management Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Minneapolis MN, Waukee, IA, or Dallas, TX. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The Pharmacy Consultant will assist the Pharmacy team in executing on business through consulting and analysis services. The ideal Pharmacy Consultant will possess deep industry knowledge, strong communication skills, ability to problem solve, and provide basic analytics to produce strategic guidance and financial savings for Holmes Murphy clients.
Enterprise EB Strategy
- Assists the Pharmacy Team in the oversight and management of preferred PBM partnerships.
- Assists the Pharmacy Team in the ongoing evaluation of preferred PBM partnerships.
- Trains clients and employees on pharmacy trends, cost containment and clinical strategies.
- Monitors assigned client’s pharmacy utilization and spend.
- Maintains relationships within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Presents pharmacy strategy in sales finalist meetings for new business and retention of key clients.
- Collaborates with clients on cost effective/efficient plan designs and clinical solutions.
- Serves as a resource for internal teams on pharmacy and PBM questions.
- Conducts industry benchmarks, contract reviews and assists in request for proposals.
- Uses data to forecast and create avoidance solutions.
- Analyzes data to enable visibility and transparency into pharmacy spend and trend drivers; Presents results to clients.
- Assists the Pharmacy Team in development of new reporting.
- Provides Pharmacy consulting to clients with respect to their employee benefit health and welfare plans.
- Learns about opportunities provided by emerging market conditions that may impact client health and welfare plans from a cost and clinical perspective.
- Provides timely, accurate, courteous, and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Identifies and takes ownership of problem-solving opportunities.
- Creates awareness of opportunities regarding HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations, particularly as it pertains to client pharmacy and clinical needs.
- Learns about opportunities with respect to plan designs, funding arrangements, benefit/demographic adjustments, stop-loss insurance, out of network savings arrangements, etc.
- Manages pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) relationships.
- Communicates client objectives to external partners.
- Assists in the management of vendor related issues.
- Maintains vendor partner relationships.
- Pursues relationships with at least one mentor within Holmes Murphy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive view of healthcare system.
- Mid-level understanding of healthcare data and use.
- Ability to understand and work with financial, accounting, math and health care concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present information effectively in a client setting.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to listen, understand and address client needs and concerns in the processes.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience, preferably in PBM, PBM consulting, employee benefits or provider organization.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.