Office Assistant (Part-Time 30 hr/week)
Do you excel at providing administrative support? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Part-Time Office Assistant in the Operations department of our Omaha, NE office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading! This opportunity is Monday – Friday 9AM-3PM
- Operate multiple telephone lines in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
- Direct calls to the appropriate team member, as well as, take and route messages as necessary.
- Greet and direct visitors both in the office and over the phone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure guests properly log information within security log book and provide with appropriate access badge upon entrance.
- Promptly notify staff members upon front desk delivery of personal packages and meals.
- Coordinate catered lunches as needed.
- Sort and deliver mail and UPS packages.
- Pick up, prepare and drop off outgoing mail as needed.
- Date and distribute incoming mail and faxes to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for all outgoing US mail processes as well as shipping UPS and courier.
- Serve as the direct contact for service equipment providers, landlords and vendors.
- Provide clerical support to the office, including filing, data entry, copy projects, insurance certificate process, endorsements, etc.
- Perform data entry functions as necessary to look up information for clients and Agency personnel. Update staff listings, extensions, birthdays, etc.
- Assist with scheduling travel.
- Maintain lunchroom, storage area, conference rooms and workroom.
- Maintain stock of supplies and order as necessary (ex: paper products, office supplies, kitchen supplies).
- Prepare documents for scanning.
- Run occasional errands for office.
- Assist with conference room scheduling.
- Play a key role in running events, both external for clients and visitors and internal for the team.
- Place flower and gift orders.
- Light cleaning as needed.
- Various projects as assigned by the Operations Team Leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various vendors, clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Sagitta, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures as well as organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain personal, team and company goals.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ general office experience.
- Insurance knowledge is a plus.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Part-Time Office Assistant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!