Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Office Administrator to join our Office Services team in Omaha. NE. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to support agency staff and location by projecting a professional, friendly image of Holmes Murphy as the initial contact with clients and visitors; providing various clerical support as requested in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Communicate and cooperate with all levels of clients and employees in a way that represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Perform administrative duties (mindful of confidential issues) for office executives, answer telephone calls, schedule and maintain calendars, organize, and coordinate board meetings.
- Compile and compute data for reports; examine documents for completeness, accuracy and conformance to industry standards; detect and reconcile discrepancies in records or reports.
- Monitor status of accounts receivable and collect payments accordingly.
- Organize, coordinate, or assist with programs such as, board meetings, to include preparing meeting materials, directing room set-up/clean-up, ensuring proper equipment is available, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls as needed, and delivering world-class service to our clients.
- Coding of invoices and preparation of check requests for Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
- Maintaining office credit card (BMO) and coding as appropriate timely.
- Paying office-wide membership dues.
- Date stamp and scan incoming mail to appropriate personne
- Responsible for all outgoing US mail processes as well as shipping UPS and courier.
- Onboarding new talent to office environment (i.e., ensuring computer and desk are set up); provide a brief orientation to the new hire.
- Distribution of corporate marketing SWAG. Maintaining HMA SWAG for lines of business in the office.
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing executive calendars and schedules.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Organize office activities and participate on CREW.
- Update staff listings, extensions, birthdays, etc.
- Play a key role in running events, both external for clients and visitors and internal for the team as well as running internal campaigns and events.
- Assist all departments with typing, data entry, digital scanning, special projects, and other clerical projects as time permits. (Prospect list, Sales board, etc.)
- Perform data entry functions as necessary to look up information for clients and Agency personne
- Purchasing office supplies, kitchen supplies, stocking of refrigerators, snack cabinets etc., and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinate conference room scheduling and ensure conference rooms are fully stocked and have a professional appearance for clients.
- Format and assist w/PowerPoint presentations for lobby screens.
- Organizing maintenance companies to keep office clean and safe and ensure its appliances are in good working order.
- First point of contact for property manager for anything related to the building, i.e., HVAC not working, roof leaking etc.
- First point of contact for emergency situations and on call as needed.
- Manage the service and supplies for copiers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain a strong professional demeanor as well as enthusiasm in representing company goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures as well as organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain personal, team and company goals.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- Education: High School Diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum three years general office experience.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.