Marketing Proposal Specialist
Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Marketing Proposal Specialist position and apply!
We are looking to add a Marketing Proposal Specialist to join our Marketing team in Waukee. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The Marketing Proposal Specialist will be responsible for the creation of Brokerage Services Request for Proposals (RFPs), finalist presentations, and other prospect and client-facing deliverables. This individual will work closely with sales staff to support their proposal needs and strategize the marketing approach to win the prospective business. The ideal candidate will bring both a creative and data-oriented mindset, to analyze what’s working and provide insights to improve resources and strategies to win more business. Will collaborate and build relationships with multiple stakeholders, including specialty experts and marketing team members to ultimately serve sales needs.
Finalist Proposal Creation & Management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop finalist presentations and proposals that are tailored to specific client opportunities and align with our sales process.
- Provide consultation and support to sales on proposal strategy deliverables, identify best practices and content gaps.
- Oversee and consult on the RFP process from start to finish to ensure proper strategy and execution, organization among teams, and a timely, complete, and visually appealing response.
- Review finalist presentation content for grammar, accuracy and in alignment to Holmes Murphy brand.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive Salesforce files library that serves as a repository of essential RFP and finalist proposal content and resources.
- Align presentation materials with company scope of services, ensuring they effectively communicate our value proposition, address client needs in relation to the targeted revenue segment.
- Oversee the creation, organization, and management of the proposal library, ensuring that it contains up-to-date, relevant, and persuasive content.
- Manage, develop, and modify response resources with the ability to offer new ideas and formats for improving the look, feel, and content of proposals and RFPs.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing content team and Specialty experts to develop updated content and ensure information is appropriately disseminated across other content channels.
Competitor Analysis & Data Tracking
- Continuously monitor and gather competitive intelligence to inform our sales and marketing strategies in relation to finalist presentations.
- Manage Salesforce RFP Dashboard to gather track wins, losses and manage automated requests.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders in a regular and consistent format.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and writing in AP style.
- Ability and willingness to learn tech tools for proposal tracking, such as Salesforce.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain multiple reporting tools and multitasking to ensure awareness of proposal requests received, track where each proposal is in the process, and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Experience with business and/or sales proposal writing.
- Attention to detail to ensure content accuracy, appropriate spelling and punctuation, and professional wording and phrasing.
- Available to work core business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 4:45 P.M.
- Education: High school diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years of related marketing experience preferred
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.