Are you a current student looking to gain professional experience in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading!
We are seeking candidates for our 2020 Summer Internship program. We have a Corporate Marketing Internship opportunity in our headquarters office in Waukee, IA.
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry. Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Each intern is assigned a department and team to support throughout the summer. A typical intern workload is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company.
GROUP PROJECTS – Interns are put on a team of 4-6 and are challenged with a real business need. As a group, they work over the course of the program to find a solution and present their proposal to Holmes Murphy leadership at the end of the summer.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to “Leave Good Footprints” and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times a summer and give back to the community.
Marketing Intern Duties:
- Complete marketing projects as requested from the business.
- Assist with corporate events.
- Assist graphic designer with overflow projects.
- Assist with writing projects.
- Assist with execution of the company-wide Mid-year meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite is helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service role or office environment.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Marketing Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!