Loss Data Analyst, PC
Are you detail oriented and enjoy gathering and analyzing information to help identify trends? Have you thought how rewarding it would be to use your knowledge and experience to help companies improve their business outcomes? At Holmes Murphy, we pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are seeking Data Analyst professionals to join our Data Analytics team in Waukee, IA as a Loss Data Analyst. Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years’ experience in an office environment, preferably as a data specialist or in data analysis environment.
Take a stroll through our website. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Here is just a bit of what you would do as a Data Analyst:
- Determine, locate, gather and save client information from a variety of sources.
- Create, update, manage, share and properly save client information for client and internal use and analysis such as obtaining loss runs, claim analysis graphs, managing loss summaries as well as creating and updating large loss summaries.
- Collect, save and manage appropriate workers’ compensation loss data for use in appropriate system and for trend analysis as requested.
- Collect, save and manage appropriate triangle loss data for use in appropriate system and for trend analysis as requested
- Gather and evaluate historical information.
- Ensure all data-related deliverables conform to data management standards so summarized data is accurate and complete.
- Support internal and external reporting initiatives.
- Provide input and assistance in continuously evaluating and improving processes to gain efficiencies or enhance reports.
You’ll need to be equipped with the following skills for the Data Analyst role:
- Basic familiarity with Property Casualty insurance principles and terminology.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills both verbal and written; detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use statistical and analytical software.
- Strong Excel and Windows application knowledge.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work well within team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easy-to-follow way that people with no data knowledge can comprehend.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents, as necessary.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to keep up to date on carrier Risk Management Information Systems and loss information software programs and uses.
- Ability and willingness to train other loss information professionals.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Results driven and passion for day-to-day work.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ in an office environment, preferably in a data specialist or data analysis environment.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Generous time-off benefits
- Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangements
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.