Learning & Development Business Partner, PC
Property Casualty Brokerage Services is seeking interested and qualified candidates for Learning & Development Business Partner, PC. This role will lead PC L&D and partner closely with PC leaders to create, develop and implement all learning initiatives for new and existing PC employees. If this sounds like an opportunity in which you are interested, please keep reading!
Role Overview: This employee in this role will align their performance with company goals by leading, developing, delivering and evaluating learning and development needed for Property Casualty enterprise. Creates partnerships and consults with internal customers to analyze performance gaps, recommend effective solutions and support implementation as needed.
- Lead and motivate PC Learning & Development team by:
- Creating, developing, implementing and maintaining best practices within the PC L&D team to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensure right talent is in the right role for the success of the organization, which may include hiring and terminating employees.
- Coach and counsel team members on areas such as workflow, process and procedure, customer service and client consulting.
- Use Keep it Real performance management process to prepare and conduct performance feedback that defines future goals and objectives and hold employees accountable.
- Partner closely with PC business leaders to analyze organizational gaps, propose and develop solutions, and communicate and implement organization development and learning opportunities needed to support line of business strategies and operational plans.
- Consult with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies. Partner with others in the organization and act as the project lead on functional projects. Influence partners to achieve buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Design training curriculum and/or non-training solutions for identified performance gaps. Assist in the creation of teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops. Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business needs
- Serve as a coach, provide content input, curriculum and learning opportunities to, and for, PC managers
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas as defined by business needs. Able to coach a department subject matter expert on the skills needed to deliver implementation of performance solutions.
- Select or develop testing and evaluation procedures to measure results of any training or L&D efforts. Coordinate measurement of progress and evaluate effectiveness of training strategies. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Assess changes in learning and behavior at regular intervals following training, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions, making sure our needs are documented and met by the vendor.
- Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and the respective leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to fully understand HMA PC business and workflow, and how technology training will impact the user.
- Ability to lead major project initiatives.
- Proven ability to disseminate information. Needs knowledge of a variety of different types of learners, in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to project a professional tone of voice and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other office locations.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for additional hours as necessary to perform duties.
- Ability and willingness to pursue industry related education.
- Ability to travel to Holmes Murphy offices to facilitate trainings, as needed.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred with emphasis in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Education or Information Services. Professional designations preferred – (i.e. Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM), Train the Trainer Program Certificate, etc.)
- Experience: 5+ years specific industry knowledge (Property Casualty); 2+ years of learning and development related experience preferred; experience leading others a plus.