Learning and Development Consultant, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Learning and Development Consultant to join our Property Casualty team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will align their performance with company goals by developing, delivering and evaluating learning and development needed in all areas of Property Casualty Brokerage Service. Creates partnerships and consults with internal customers to analyze performance gaps, recommend effective solutions and support implementation as needed.
- Consults closely with business leaders to analyze organization gaps, propose, and develop solutions, and communicate and implement organizational development and learning opportunities needed to support business strategy and operational plans.
- Design and facilitate training curricula and/or non-training solutions for identified performance gaps. Assist in the creation of teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops. Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business need.
- Partners with leadership to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies. Partner with others in the organization and act as the project lead on functional projects. Influence partners to achieve buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Select or develop testing and evaluation procedures to measure results. Coordinate measurement of progress and evaluate effectiveness of performance solutions. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Assess changes in learning and behavior at regular intervals following training, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions, making sure our needs are documented and met by the vendor.
- Create and manage project plans. Continue to develop skills in project management.
- Delivers on RISE in the learning environment – relevant, inspiring, simple and energizing.
- Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and your respective leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in excel, PPT and word.
- Beginner skills in Articulate.
- Proficient in Simon LMS.
- Proficient in Salesforce and other Holmes Murphy systems.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a professional appearance.
- Adaptability, in both collaboration with the business leaders and in the classroom with learners.
- Punctual, Prepared, Accurate and Courteous.
- Ability to travel to other offices, occasionally.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to project a professional tone of voice and demeanor at all times.
Education: High School Diploma required; College degree is preferred with emphasis in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Education or Information Services.
Experience: 3-5 years of learning and development related experience preferred; Some insurance industry related knowledge preferred. Working knowledge of various computer software programs required.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave for all
- New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.