Lead Business Analyst/Product Owner
Do you love working with technology and being involved in the business? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! Plus, did we mention we also have a flexible environment and a competitive benefits and salary package?! If this sounds like an awesome opportunity and you think you’re a perfect fit to join our team as a Lead Business Analyst in our Waukee, Iowa, office, keep reading!
- Process Improvement and Lean Approaches: Ability to map moderate to complex processes for process discovery, process re-engineering, and identification of business cases for process improvement and re-engineering.
- Strong understanding of LEAN principals and how they apply to process improvement.
- Business Requirements Elicitation: Expert abilities in process modeling, creation of other visual models, business rule capture, data dictionary / terminology maintenance, and capturing user acceptance criteria.
- Business Requirements Translation: Translate business requirements into user and functional requirements
- Agile or Waterfall Development: Expert ability to drive action on requirements in an agile or waterfall environment
- Re-engineer business requirements from existing documentation: Strong in techniques to generate business-level requirements from system specification documentation.
- Establish clarity in deliverables: Produce clear, organized, professional communications and documentation in alignment with organizational standards.
- Requirements re-use and traceability: Support and ensure the quality of data and structures within an enterprise requirements repository.
- Facilitation: Expert abilities to lead discussion in the application best practices. Able to lead events which include stakeholders at various levels in the organization.
- Enterprise-wide collaboration: Communicate efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams up and down product and project life cycles – from strategy and planning to implementation.
- Leadership: Strong ability to coach, guide and direct peers and work on multiple projects.
- Stakeholder identification: Assist project managers in their efforts to identify all key stakeholders.
- Priority Management: Facilitate discussions surrounding prioritization of requirements.
- Customer Focus: Expert ability to serve as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including functioning as a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
- User Acceptance Testing: If needed, able to coordinate and track user acceptance testing (UAT) activities. Document UAT acceptance criteria and draft testing plans. Manage and track UAT defects and coordinate remediation efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) due to interaction with employees at all levels.
- Ability to acquire deep knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to elicit clarity.
- Strong collaborative and facilitative skills.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Ability to acquire expert business acumen.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Proven leadership & capable of working on multiple projects
- Running an effective and efficient meeting.
- Expertise in Agile & LEAN methodologies.
- Knowledge of System Development LifeCycle framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required; Master’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience managing business requirements, including at least 3 years of managing large complex requirements initiatives
- Expertise utilizing AGILE and LEAN methodologies required. Six Sigma related background a plus.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Lead Business Analyst for Holmes Murphy, apply today!