2024 Brainery Program (Sales)
Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Jr. Client Executive position and apply!
We are looking for candidates to participate in the 2024 Brainery Program. The Brainery is the first step on the path to a successful career at Holmes Murphy. Our philosophy is to hire top talent, and then teach them the fundamentals of the insurance industry and our client base. You will start with training for one week at our headquarters in Waukee, Iowa, and then accelerate through a combination of virtual learning and on-the-job experience.
TRAINING LOCATIONS – DES MOINES (WAUKEE) & DALLAS
PLACEMENT LOCATIONS – DES MOINES (WAUKEE), MINNEAPOLIS
- Contribute to company profitability.
- Making cold calls. Gather information on prospective/current clients.
- Building prospect lists. Assist in generating new sales leads.
- Generate new sales leads. Actively source clients through attending community activities and association meetings.
- Manage new business referrals from the sales team, call-ins, and warm leads.
- Maintain a consultative role with current clients.
- Actively remarket existing renewals in search of competitive quotes.
- Work with insurance company underwriters and sales representatives to understand coverage, product, and appetite.
- Provide insurance information to Holmes Murphy employees. Supply accurate and complete information on potential accounts and renewal accounts to assigned account managers to develop complete insurance program presentations.
- Complete the full sales cycle. Help market these accounts, present proposals to prospects and clients, close sales, and deliver policies.
- Maintain production reports.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Take on any additional duties as assigned.
- Curious and have a competitive spirit.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial-minded.
- Communicative with strong interpersonal & writing skills.
- Able to travel to Waukee, IA, and Dallas, TX over the course of the program.
- Able to obtain a state-specific insurance license either in Property Casualty or Life and Health insurance within 2 months of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
BRAINERY CURRICULUM COMPONENTS
- Holmes Murphy Orientation.
- Fundamental insurance industry knowledge.
- Underwriting practices and financial concepts.
- Product overview and technological capabilities.
- Preparation for license exams.
- Presentation skills.
- Build relationships with the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- 0-2 years of work experience in customer service or an administrative role.
- Available to start on or before June 3, 2024.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting awesome candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply for the Brainery —we’d love to hear from you!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.