IT Support Specialist II
Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open IT Support Specialist II position and apply!
This highly visible individual will provide second tier computer support to Holmes Murphy employees. A superior customer service attitude is required.
- Provide tier two technology support for customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service via face-to-face, telephone, and electronic communication.
- Manage portable devices.
- Manage support desk tickets escalated from tier one support.
- Provide backup for tier one support as needed.
- Create, escalate and route support desk tickets.
- Document solutions and IT processes.
- Support, monitor, and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Coordinate service requests for hardware and software.
- Image and install software for personal computers.
- Travel periodically to branch locations for various job functions.
- Participate in technology projects.
- Provide analysis reports as needed.
- Familiarity of the hardware purchasing process within the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a strong customer focus, results oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of terminology used in association with computer hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Familiarity using multiple remote tools and utilities to provide technology support.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Intermediate troubleshooting techniques with software and hardware.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees throughout the agency.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of inquiries.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to install or remove computer equipment which may require lifting of up to 40 pounds.
- Capable of clearly and logically organizing and documenting ticket information received from users.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related discipline preferred.
- Experience: Two years of desktop or second tier support in an Information Technology Department.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.