IT Support Specialist I
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an IT Support Specialist I to join our Corporate Services Information Technology team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This highly visible individual will provide first tier computer support to Holmes Murphy employees. A superior customer service attitude is required.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Provide exceptional customer service via face-to-face, telephone, and electronic communication.
- Troubleshoot and manage hardware, software, or network problems.
- Provide limited support of mobile devices.
- Create, escalate and route support desk tickets.
- Document solutions and IT processes.
- Image and install software for company deployed computers.
- Travel periodically to branch locations for various job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a strong customer focus, results oriented.
- Intermediate knowledge of terminology used in association with computer hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365 and Windows operating systems.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge for software and hardware.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees throughout the company.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of inquiries.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Capable of prioritizing as well as clearly and logically organizing information received from users.
- Ability to install or remove computer equipment which may require lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Education: 2 year College Education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: Some computer knowledge
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.