IT Support Specialist I
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an IT Support Specialist to join our Information Technology team in Waukee, IA or Minneapolis, MN. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will provide first tier computer support to Holmes Murphy employees.
Work closely with internal Holmes Murphy employees to:
- First and foremost: Provide exceptional customer service via face-to-face, telephone, email, and online chat.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, and conference room A/V problems.
- Provide limited support of mobile devices.
- Create, escalate, and route support desk tickets.
- Document solutions and IT processes.
- Image and install software on company deployed computers.
- Travel periodically to branch locations for inter-office visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a strong customer focus, results oriented.
- Intermediate knowledge of terminology used in association with computer troubleshooting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365, Windows 10, and Active Directory.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge for other software and PC hardware.
- Basic network troubleshooting knowledge.
- Intermediate A/V troubleshooting knowledge for conference room support
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees throughout the company.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of inquiries.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and be punctual.
- Capable of prioritizing as well as clearly and logically organizing information received from users.
- Education: Preferred 2-year college Education or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Intermediate PC troubleshooting, and Microsoft software knowledge required
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave for all
- New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.