Investment Analyst, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! If you’re up for the challenge of upholding our strong tradition of expert know-how, consider applying to our Investment Analyst opportunity for Innovative Captive Strategies at our Waukee, IA office.
- Review/prepare investment reports (including risk tolerance analysis, investment dashboards, investment guidelines, both absolute and performance attribution relative to benchmarks) for captive insurance companies and Strategic Investments SPC (“SI”) directors/clients for board meetings.
- Maintain accurate and timely investment allocation, performance and trade data for each captive and SI. Collect, monitor and verify investment data from third party partners in conjunction with internal and third-party analytic models to generate analysis and reports.
- Prepare quarterly reports for SI including performance attribution and related analysis while reconciling with monthly SI NAV reports and operations from the SI Administrator.
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance of regulatory compliance items in accordance with various domestic and foreign regulatory regimes enlisting services from third-party legal, tax, custodian bank and fund administration partners.
- Coordinate various investment, risk management, banking and regulatory processes and relationships with third-party investments platform partners including custodian banks, fund administrators, investment/fund managers, software providers, LOC banks, domicile captive managers, legal and tax advisory partners.
- Proactively document and track status on investment action items from board meetings.
- Proactively monitor and perform quarterly and annual due diligence analysis for SI investment managers based on quantitative and qualitative observations from data analysis, phone and onsite interviews.
- Participate in performing periodic investment manager/fund screenings, searches and due diligence analysis for SI and captive investors based on quantitative and qualitative observations from data analysis, phone and onsite interviews.
- Establish and document procedures and processes for improvements to the investment platform, with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiency in collecting and transforming data from investment partners into timely and useful investment information for internal and client reporting.
- Work in a team atmosphere of captive insurance professionals who jointly oversee all aspects of captive insurance company management. Collaborate with team to generate and disseminate relevant captive and manager performance information, market commentary, and presentations for clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of securities industry as well as banking and insurance industries. Basic knowledge of investment value, risk and return metrics across variety of investment products and sectors including bonds, equities, and alternative investments.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and data analysis abilities with understanding of and ability to communicate and present complex investment strategies and vehicles.
- Ability to work with detailed reports and maintain detailed regulatory and investment processes while maintaining a high level of accuracy and standards.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Proficient in MS Office with strengths in excel and PowerPoint. Experience with manager performance software including Morningstar a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of financial documents, plan and implement regulatory and financial procedures, and communicate procedures in a clear accurate manner
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years relevant investments related experience. Offshore banking experience a plus.
- CFA designation or desire to attain a plus.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work towards a Better Tomorrow than Yesterday, apply today to be an Investment Analyst, and our newest Difference Maker.