Inside Sales Consultant, Small Group Platform
Are you a self-starter and have a passion for sales? Do you like variety in your work? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! Plus, did we mention we also have a flexible environment and a competitive benefits and salary package? If this sounds like an awesome opportunity, we need you to join our team as an Inside Sales Consultant for the Small Group Platform within our Employee Benefits department of our Omaha, NE office.
- Actively involved in Holmes Murphy proprietary small group platform.
- Provide account management support for client teams to coordinate client work.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Source new sales opportunities by following up on inbound leads and making outbound cold calls and emails.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to qualify prospects and provide background information to sales team members in advance of initial calls/meetings.
- Route qualified opportunities to appropriate members of the sales team for further development and closure.
- Research accounts; identify key decision makers and contact information.
- Research and handle escalated client issues or questions.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Provide timely follow up with prospects while maintaining current and new business relationships.
- Track all activity in Salesforce in an accurate, timely fashion.
- Identify best practices to help develop the service, inside sales and lead generation functions.
- Continually build product, company and industry knowledge.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Ability in exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply those skills with persons at all levels of authority in written form as well as verbally over the phone.
- Ability to be detail oriented, follow directions, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advanced technology associated with job functions.
- Be a self-starter and work independently without supervision.
- Demonstrate tenacity and maintain a positive attitude when making cold calls and sending emails.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with senior executives at prospect and client organizations.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Active Life/Health Insurance license, or ability to obtain within first 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 4 year’s experience in life/health, employee benefits, insurance or provider organization preferred.
- Technical designations such as CEBS, CLU, etc. preferred.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Inside Sales Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!