Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Infrastructure Director to join our Information Technology team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The position is responsible for planning, installing, and maintaining a technical infrastructure (including hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities) that supports critical business needs. This individual will lead the strategic planning of infrastructure and oversee the implementation and on-going management of the HMA infrastructure inclusive of network, servers, and storage both on-premise and cloud. Experience and certifications with Microsoft Azure are preferred.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Works with organizational leaders to identify infrastructure-related initiatives and needs, and designs and implements solutions.
- Supports the organization’s infrastructure strategy and service delivery standards.
- Helps develop long-term infrastructure plans and architectures taking into account trends in the field and changing organizational needs.
- Monitors service level agreements and key service delivery performance indicators or metrics and identifies areas where performance can be improved through infrastructure changes.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- In-depth understanding of the field’s concepts and principles.
- Performs complex tasks and has some latitude for determining appropriate processes to follow.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees and has full authority for personnel decisions.
- Supervision may be provided through a team of subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Administers departmental policies and procedures, evaluates results and performance, and assists with the development of new or modified budgets, strategic plans, or policies.
- Experience leading a team with broad infrastructure responsibilities, especially, but not only, cloud
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to pursue relevant designations and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT or related business field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years’ experience, including prior management experience. Experience and certifications with Microsoft Azure are preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.