Information Security Intern
Are you a current student looking to gain professional experience in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading!
We are seeking candidates for our 2020 Summer Internship program. We have an Information Security Internship opportunity at our headquarters office in Waukee, IA.
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry. Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Each intern is assigned a department and team to support throughout the summer. A typical intern workload is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company.
GROUP PROJECTS – Interns are put on a team of 4-6 and are challenged with a real business need. As a group, they work over the course of the program to find a solution and present their proposal to Holmes Murphy leadership at the end of the summer.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to “Leave Good Footprints” and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times a summer and give back to the community.
Information Security Intern Duties:
- Provide general support to Information Security Director and team members.
- Participate in IT Vendor management program by supporting our annual review processes
- Participate in implementing and managing physical controls
- Work in the Security Operations Center to monitor systems of record by utilizing various technologies
- Create new employee access badges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytics skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service role or office environment.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Information Security Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!