Human Resources Generalist
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support our HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition in multiple capacities. This role will assist in recruiting efforts for both Full – Time opportunities and for our Talent Development Programs (i.e., Internship, etc. ), as well as partnering closely with the Business Partner team on compensation strategies, employee changes, job descriptions, performance management communications and administration, and policy/procedure interpretation, creation and updates.
- Supports HR Business Partners in day-to-day responsibilities for creating best-in-class Employee Experience.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation sessions with Engagement Consultant
- General HRIS Reporting
- Provide support for Keep It Real performance management platform and provide regular reporting to Business Partners
- Support Talent Acquisition in recruiting needs throughout the year, including seasonal support for our Talent Development Programs/Campus Recruiting
- Provide support on policy interpretations and updates to Employee Handbook
- Manage annual merit increase and bonus process
- Will have primary ownership of
- Employment Agreements
- Job Descriptions
- Organizational Charts
- Employee Changes
- Electronic Document Management Process
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge in HR standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and government laws.
- Ability to conduct full cycle recruiting, when necessary, including recruitment and coordination for our Talent Development Programs alongside our Talent Acquisition Consultant
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Strong attention to details.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work cross-functionally, with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and proactively (both written and verbal) with teammates to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications competencies.
- Must demonstrate a proactive and motivated mindset.
- Knowledge of human resource compliance issues such as ADA, FMLA, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, EEOC Guidelines, and all other applicable federal, state and local guidelines.
- Must have excellent computer skills with HRIS systems and a high proficiency in Microsoft: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability and willingness to pursue relevant designations and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree in Human Resources or Business-related field is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years general HR experience required; experience in full cycle recruiting preferred.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.